Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31st - Glucose Test

Today was the day I had to get my glucose test. I must say I was not looking forward to this one. I went to the Labcorp at the Arch Health Partner in Poway. All day, I was thinking to myself, "What kind of gross drink will they have me drink before this blood test?" Then I thought, "What if it taste like dry chalk or something?" If that wasn't bad enough, I had to stop eating at 2:00 p.m. Baby and I was not happy. We definitely wanted to snack on something, lol :)

I arrived at the hospital and check in at Labcorp at around 4:20. The drink they gave me was not so bad. It tasted like orange soda, but it didn't really agree with my stomach at the time. I thought, at least it didn't taste chalky and gross. They wanted me to drink the liquid in 5 minutes... now that was a little bit tough.

After drinking the liquid, I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour. They finally drew my blood around 5:35. My results will be sent to my doctor in 24-48 hours.
Here is what my arm looks like. A little bit bruised (I guess the lady who drew my blood wasn't very good, LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment