Saturday, April 23, 2011

Are we going to find out the gender???


On Thursday, April 21, 2011 I had an appointment at the Jean McLaughlin Women's Center in Poway which is basically located at the Pomerado Hospital. I was very anxious that day since I knew that I might find out the gender of Baby Barnes. I really didn't care whether it was a boy or a girl, but since I did have two stepsons, it would be a nice change to have a little girl in the house. I thought, as long as we bring a healthy baby into this world, that is all that matters to us.

My appointment was at 4:00 so I was excited and anxious all day. After work, Josh picked me up and we went to our appointment. My younger stepson, Lachlan, wanted to go see the baby for the first time, so he came with us. He seemed very excited. We asked him and his big brother, Ian if they wanted a baby brother or a sister. They both said sister, LOL!

I had to go through the registration process and waited for a while at the waiting room. I was getting more anxious as time went by. Finally, they called my name and we went to the back of the sonogram room. I laid down and they put the sonogram on me...and there it was...our baby. The baby was so wiggly and squirmy. There were two nurse technicians who helped us out. It seemed like one was more experienced than the other. They started taking pictures of the baby. They said it was hard since it was moving around so much. They asked me if I had eaten some sugar before my appointment. I had mentioned that I had ate some jelly beans throughout the day, lol. Hey, what can you say, its Easter!


So after taking different angles of our baby, the more "experience" nurse took over. She started taking more pictures (by the way, they couldn't get all that they needed since it was so wiggly), she asked us, "Do you want to know the gender or is it a surprise?" We said, "No, we want to know definitely." We were getting so excited! The nurse says, "Well, here is the butt cheeks, the legs and here is her labia" Josh and I started laughing. She said, "Its a girl." My first words that came out of my mouth was, "OH MY GOD! YAY!" So, my predictions were wrong...I thought it was going to be a boy, Josh knew it was going to be a girl :) But, as I mentioned before...I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl. As long as if it has 10 fingers/10 toes.




Last note: Now, since it she was a little wiggle worm, they told us to make sure again in 3 weeks. We are going to the doctor's office to check again on May 9th. Stand by for confirmation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment