Saturday, April 16, 2011

One of the many pregnancy tests I took...


We started talking to Dr. Lasting, my OB/GYN about the process of intrauterine fertilization. I read about the procedure, but I got a better understanding after I spoke with him. It was less scary and more reassuring, since he let us know what the success rate were.

We started the procedure in December of 2010. We did the actual procedure on
December 22, 2010 to be exact. It was a very simple procedure and less invasive then the IVF procedure. I was nervous at first, but at the same time I was praying that this would work.

On January 7, 2011 I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was so nervous. All those feelings that I had faced all these years came back to me. After taking the test, I started to pray. As I opened my eyes, I saw my result...it was POSITIVE!!! I was so happy, but then at the same time, I was thinking to myself, "What if this is one of those false positive results again?" I was feeling so happy, but felt like I needed some reassuring.

The next day I went to CVS and bought myself a 2 pack pregnancy test (different from before). I took those tests, it was positive again. Then I started buying more pregnancy tests, the ones with the double pink lines, digital and the ones that said yes or no. I felt like I was reliving the movie "Knocked up" where she grabs all the pregnancy test at the drug store and starts taking them. It was so funny. Josh was asking me how many pregnancy tests do I need to take? I told him until I get a blood test at the doctors. We had a good laugh.

I decided to go to Pomerado Hospital to take a blood test and the pregnancy test results came back positive. I was officially PREGNANT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment