Saturday, April 16, 2011

How it all started...


Josh and I got married on June 16, 2007. We didn't want children right away, so we decided to wait for a while. Starting beginning of January of 2008, we started considering having a baby. My first thought was, "Oh, how hard can it be to conceive? All my friends are having babies left and right." What a big mistake...

For three years we went through many fertility treatments, blood work
and on top of that, I had surgery which was one of the scariest things I had to do in my life. Our doctor, Dr. Lasting is one of the best OB/GYN in Poway. He is the most patient, determined, loving doctor I have ever met.

Then after a while, we stopped trying. There were just too many times where we thought we were pregnant (getting a false positive) but ended up not being pregnant. We faced too many disappointments and we were getting emotionally exhausted.

Then, Josh and I started talking about our options. We talked about adoption, invitro-fertilization (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI). We had never heard of the IUI procedure, so we decided to ask Dr. Lasting about it. It was a less expensive, less invasive way to try and get pregnant. To find out more about IUI process go to www.sdfertility.com/iui.htm

This is where it all started...

No comments:

Post a Comment